Pages

Sunday, 24 February 2013

Them Aching Bones

We spent five hours in the front garden today in preparation for putting our house on the market. It wasn't pottering around the edges...oh, no. This was a full slash n burn effort. We took out one tree. We  cut endless branches of brush. We picked up an entire trailer load of debris under just one gum tree. There were five of us and we worked solidly for well over five hours. It rained for four and a half of those hours. We took three full-to-bursting trailer loads to the tip. We were wet, dirty and absolutely filthy by the time we finished but the garden looks fabulous and I think we've probably added $10k on the house price with the effort.

I did wonder if I should stop and take a few photos for my album, but some things just aren't conducive to Project Life...stopping work in the middle of a working bee to take photos of other people working in the pouring rain is one of them!

We've all pulled up somewhat sore, with a collection of aching knees and ankles and wrists. I'm reminded of my very Scottish grandfather remarking on "them aching bones" when thinking back on his work in the coal mines.

We shared a well-earned bottle of red tonight. And now, I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment