Pages

Friday, 15 February 2013

Ch-Ch-Changes

My decision to simplify my Project Life process this year has paid off over the last week, which has been crazy busy and intense…short story, we bought a house. 
Longer story: I am something of a worrier. The Boy is not. While we both loved the house at first sight, he has been much more level-headed than me over the last couple of days. I was planning our furniture and designing new curtains in my head after our first walk through. He was more cautious - if I've heard the phrase "babe, it's not ours yet" once, I've heard it a dozen times. And that's a good thing, because there are so many steps involved in buying a house that we could have (and still may) fall over at any one of them. I fret about each of those steps; The Boy walks through them calmly with his customary caution to me that it's not our house yet

I took yesterday off to deal with the bank and last night our conditional approval came through. We allowed ourselves a few yippees and a bit of dance around the family room upon receiving the phone call. This morning there were emails to say that the contracts had been drawn and passed to the solicitor. While The Boy has reminded me that we can still be gazumped right up to exchange (which the bank indicates can occur in ten days!), we both openly planning our lives in the new house. I am beyond excited to be building a home together - our home. Our current place, which I bought eight years before we met, is homely enough but to The Boy, it feels like my house that he's living in as opposed to our house. I can understand the sentiment. Now we have the chance to build our new home together. We will decided, together, how to decorate our family room, where our couch will go, how we want our bed positioned…exciting times.

Through the madness, I have managed to stay on top of my Project Life this week. I cut down a 12x12 page protector to hold the brochures from the house when we first viewed on Sunday. Journalling cards have captured the ups and downs of making the offer, receiving the counter-offer, a second walk through and finally, acceptance. It will be interesting to look back on this crazy week in a few years time; I'm glad I made the time to capture it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment